Reporter/ Senior Reporter, China
About the Team:
The SCMP is looking for an experienced reporter/ senior reporter to join the China team.
Purpose of the Position:
We are looking for an experienced reporter / senior reporter to play a key role shaping the SCMP's leading coverage of China for a global audience.
In this role, you will:
- A dedicated journalist who is passionate about reporting about what's happening in mainland China for a global audience
- The candidate must have good English writing skills, and high proficiency in Chinese
- A team player who can work independently
- An effective communicator and a quick learner
- Someone who can work under pressure and be able to meet tight deadline
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree holder in Journalism or related disciplines, with 3 or above years of relevant working experience
- Sound knowledge about mainland China's history and its social, economic and political developments
- Travelling is required
- Willingness to relocate if necessary
Work location will be at Hong Kong or Shanghai or Beijing.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.