Director, Organizational Development
About the Team:
Being the People Department of South China Morning Post, our People Partners, Compensation Benefit & Operations, and Talent Development & Engagement teams, develop and drive people strategies to acquire, develop and retain employees. We motivate our employees to live our values in a dynamic and diverse workplace, develop our talents for our leadership pipeline, with the objective of continually making SCMP a Great Place To Work.
Purpose of the Position:
As a leading global news organization, SCMP has been going through digital transformations in the past few years. People's skillset and their way of working were changing accordingly. The Director, Organizational Development will have a key role to play in this ongoing transformation, by designing and implementing talent management, employer branding, employee engagement, learning and career development strategies, frameworks and programs to further strengthen organizational and individual capabilities. The purpose of the Director, Organizational Development, is to prepare the organization and our talents for tomorrow’s business.
In this role, you will:
- Design and drive talent assessment, learning and development and succession planning programs to enhance individual and organizational capabilities and sustainable growths
- Facilitate the performance management cycle in partnership with People Partners and people managers
- Identify learning and development needs and leverage internal and external resources to deliver learning solutions and build a learning organization
- Design and conduct talent assessment and succession planning to facilitate talent pipelining
- Develop employer branding strategies to increase SCMP’s brand awareness and establish SCMP as an employer of choice
- Organize internal communication and employee engagement programs in line with SCMP’s culture and employee value propositions
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- University graduate in Human Resources Management or related disciplines with at least 12 years in HR
- Diverse experience in HR centres of expertise and business partnering a definite plus
- Solid experience in performance management, talent assessment, talent development and succession planning
- Knowledgeable in employee engagement, employer branding, learning platforms and assessment tools
- A self-motivated, independent, result-oriented leader and critical thinker with strong data analysis skills
- A team player with excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.