About the Team:
Purpose of the Position:
Work with the Editorial administration team in carrying out administrative support for the newsroom, including to support the commissioning editors in signing up contributors and processing contributor fees.
In this role, you will:
- Utilise inhouse systems to process contributor payments for all print and digital Editorial contents; process expense claims and vendor payments
- Administer copyright agreements and manage its database
- Coordinate with commissioning editors and Finance team on contributor fee arrangements
- Maintain effective communications with contributors on their sign up and payment matters
- Make travel arrangements (flight and hotel bookings) for newsroom staff based in Hong Kong headquarters as well as mainland and US bureaus
- Perform general office administrative duties and support daily newsroom operations
- Stand in for other team members when necessary
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Minimum 5 years of working experience on administration job
- Well organised with strong numeric sense, efficient and detail-minded
- Able to communicate well in English, both written and verbal
- Able to multitask and meet deadlines
- A good team player with a cheerful personality, problem-solving skill and can-do attitude
- Excellent computer proficiency (familiarity with Google Workplace preferable) and eager to learn new skills
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.