Assistant Programmatic Manager, Advertising Operations
About the Team:
Advertising Operations is the engine room of the Advertising team. We are driven by the purpose of delivering excellence across the entire media product portfolio of SCMP.
Purpose of the Position:
SCMP is looking for an Assistant manager, programmatic to drive ad product integration and optimization across our product portfolio and also identify opportunities to enhance our ad stack and create revenue opportunities for our display, video, and native advertising.
The Ideal candidate will have exceptional knowledge of ad tech, and digital operations, with excellent programmatic and technical knowledge, as well as an understanding of the programmatic ecosystem and landscape.
The focus will be to drive overall efficiency while maximizing ad technology and product capabilities globally for the entire business.
This role will report to our Partnerships Manager and also liaise with our Revenue and Reporting team to make optimization recommendations and report success.
In this role, you will:
- Work closely with directors on ad tech and platform integration, including display, video, and native advertising.
- Maximize OMP monetization globally as well as monitor and report performance regularly
- Manage and maintain the SCMP ad stack including, GAM/ SSP setup, header bidding setup, price floors, priorities, etc.
- Monitor deal spending and become influential in growing always on revenue
- Work with OPS on troubleshooting programmatic deals when required
- Manage inventory supply to SSPs and 3rd Party Vendors, including new vendor RFIs.
- Conduct ongoing reviews with SSP partners to ensure they drive value and continuous success.
- Work closely with the product team to run multiple experiments to enhance ad unit performance and improve visibility.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- At least 2 years of experience in ad technology in a digital media company
- Strong experience in technical troubleshooting, A/B testing, and managing internal relationships is essential
- Outstanding analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills; sharp attention to detail. Ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and work within deadlines
- Experience with programmatic jargon and hands-on campaign/placement/ad unit trafficking
- Ability to present data in an effective, actionable manner and learn new software quickly
- Experience in operating programmatic, ad serving, and analytic platforms (SSPs, Google Ad Manager, Google Analytics, Tableau) is a huge compulsory
- Knowledge of programming (e.g. Python, SQL, etc) is an advantage
- Proficient in spoken and written English
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.