Senior Engineer (Full Stack Engineer)
Purpose of the Position:
Work with the IT development team to execute the concepts, and shape the next generation of our platform by improving it and simplifying it. Building new features and working with Design and Project teams to bring beauty and ease of use to the total experience.
In this role, you will:
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Develop new or maintain existing web projects and systems with high quality code
- Work closely with designers and project manager in driving business goals and rapidly product iteration
- Stay current with industry trends; analyze and use best modern tools for projects
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree holder in computer science or related disciplines with minimum 4 years of web development experience
- Hands-on experience in using microservice architecture with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in DevOps or CI/CD tools (e.g. Git, Jira) and test automation
- Proficient in Node.js, JQuery, asynchronous request handling (AJAX) and Mysql
- Solid knowledge of responsive web build, CSS3 and HTML5
- Experienced in resolving cross browser compatibility issues including mobile devices
- Good understanding of web performance tuning, web analytics and SEO techniques
- Experience in SASS or Webpack would be a plus
- Knowledge in PHP will be an advantage
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills; flexible, proactive and ability to work under fast-paced environment
- A good team player, independent, responsible, eager to learn and passionate about exploring new technology
- Proficient in written and spoken in Cantonese and English
Work location will be at Wong Chuk Hang office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.