Senior Business Development Manager, Enterprise Solutions
About the Team:
The Enterprise Solutions team is a knowledge partner to corporations and provides B2B solutions that include group subscriptions, licensing, merchandising, and community memberships. The team aims to be a trusted partner and go-to source for high-quality corporate content, networking, and intelligence in the Asian market. We help corporate executives and professionals achieve their business objectives and make well-informed business decisions. The team contributes to the success of SCMP's revenue goal and the delivery of service excellence to readers and subscribers.
Purpose of the Position:
The purpose of the position is to achieve corporate sales targets through industry-based selling of B2B solutions to a Hong Kong and global client base. The responsibilities include retaining and growing current corporate clients, providing professional and best-in-class client services. Collect and feedback on-the-ground client intel and needs in the product development/improvement cycle.
In this role, you will:
- Achieve corporate sales targets through industry-based selling to a Hong Kong and global client base. Offer B2B total solutions, including:
- Group/bulk SCMP subscriptions
- Content licensing and merchandise
- Community memberships
- Corporate training
- Any other new products developed based on corporate needs
- Retain and upsell existing B2B clients through nurturing client relationships and introducing SCMP products that suit client’s business needs. Optimise share of wallet and add value to client’s business while also proactively pushing issues towards resolution.
- Formulate industry penetration strategies via understanding industry-specific client needs and challenges, along with historical internal client data or opportunities. Evaluate market potential, develop target client lists, and offer customised solutions for respective clients.
- Actively reach out to new clients through offline and online channels and platforms to generate sales leads that lead to sales conversion.
- Penetrate client contact to C-suite level to grow the community and membership revenue.
- Manage daily client activities including sales presentations, sales pipeline, and solutions design. Negotiate pricing and contract terms with B2B clients.
- Own and nurture client relationships to maximise renewal and/or upsell possibilities.
- Work across different functions internally to plan, launch, implement, and evaluate sales & marketing campaigns and events to promote B2B solutions offerings, generate sales leads, and drive revenue.
- Provide industry-specific intelligence and key clients’ business needs, thus giving input to relevant internal teams to improve product offerings and pricing strategies.
- Input and execute Enterprise Solution strategies and activities with the goal of achieving quarterly set targets and objectives.
- Manage client database with high integrity. Input and maintain client data and sales status in Salesforce in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide up-to-date market and partner intelligence and intel to management.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- BA/BS degree or higher.
- 8+ years of experience working in a B2B sales role. Existing corporate client networks in the business intelligence or subscription business is a plus.
- Solid sales pitching experience, strong sales technique, sound communication, and presentation skills. Well-experienced in using Salesforce as a sales management tool.
- Industry knowledge and experience in selling to Asset Management, Financial Services, and Information Technology is a plus.
- All-rounded interpersonal skills at all levels. Able to build strong professional relationships.
- Data aptitude. Able to turn data into a narrative (identifying issues and suggesting solutions).
- Experience in working independently and delivering sales targets.
- Experience in cross-functional collaborations, both internally and externally.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Cantonese and English.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.