Associate Director / Director of Business Analytics
Purpose of the Position:
Drive tangible business impact through well thought out and well constructed analyses to identify growth and improvement opportunities in content development, product advancements, user segments refinements, and other similar projects. Work closely with senior management and stakeholders to translate analytical findings into actionable recommendations and provide executional support, including definition of key metrics and dashboards to effectively measure progress and performance. Play a pivotal role to identify and craft strategic initiatives to enable a data-led transformation.
In this role, you will:
- Proactively initiate, scope, and execute business and data analysis projects to support company objectives and strategies, and by partnering with stakeholders across departments and functions.
- Work closely across multiple teams to understand business requirements and ensure analysis scope and recommendations fit evolving needs.
- Present insights and recommendations from analyses to senior management to provide guidance in decisions making and direction setting across the company.
- Drive actionable change and execution through data democratization, storytelling narratives, and data literacy education across all levels of the company.
- Evolve and iterate on company KPIs and metrics for weekly and monthly reporting in tandem with oversight and coordination into key cross-functional targets and goals.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis on multiple reporting metrics: CPA / CAC, LTV, ROI etc.
- Collaborate across Data team (e.g., data analytics, data science, data engineering) to shape and drive tactical and strategic development of data infrastructure, reporting and analytical applications.
- Develop, maintain and improve internal relationships with other business leaders and externally with vendors and partners.
- Provide thought leadership at internal and external events, conferences, to increase the influence and reach of SCMP as a brand and data analytics leader in the news media industry.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Math or Statistics. MBA is preferred.
- At least 10 years of hands-on business or data analytical experience with high data volume environments, preferably in media, telecom, financial services, software, or internet industry. Management consulting or business analytics and planning experience is a plus.
- Excellence in verbal and written communications skills, presentation of complex business and data analyses, and storytelling.
- Demonstrated experience and strong track record to succeed in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks in parallel.
- Deliverables focused, hands-on and have a “can do” attitude for timely delivery of high quality analysis outputs.
- Naturally curious and logical with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.