About the team:
Specialist Publications is the editorial arm of South China Morning Post’s Advertising department. We produced editorially independent content tailored to appeal to potential advertisers. Our publications cover a wide range of topics from luxury fashion (Style magazine) to F&B (100 Top Tables) to horology (XXIV) to education (Good Schools Guide) and more.
Purpose of the position:
To support the Specialist Publications team to produce editorially independent content publications.
In this role, you will:
- Plan, write, execute and manage the content and production schedules of Specialist Publications projects
- Generate content ideas together with writing staff and freelancers, edit and re-write articles, commission articles from freelancers and in-house writers
- Manage the budget of publications, freelance writers and vendors
- Ensure editorial deadlines are strictly adhered to
- Co-ordinate with Sales and Marketing teams to build products that resonate with advertisers
- Assist in the development of new publications and other products
- Understand and comply with media law and industry ethical guidelines
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree holder with 5 to 10 years of relevant working experience in a reputable media company, experience in lifestyle journalism
- Excellent writing and copywriting skills
- Knowledge of magazine production cycles
- Able to multitask and thrive in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Chinese an advantage
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.