About the Team:
The Finance Department is responsible for managing the finance functions of the South China Morning Post and its affiliated companies. You will be part of the Team and support the Team’s operation and projects in all respects.
Purpose of this position:
Be part of the Team in the Finance Department, and provide support to both the Department and various Business Units within the Company, to ensure a smooth and efficient business operation.
In this role, you will:
- Responsible for full sets of accounts and daily accounting duties
- Prepare month-end closing, reconciliations & various management reports, budgets & forecast
- Provide insights on budgetary control, perform variance analysis, review and monitor costs inherent
- Work closely with other departments in the provision of management information and financial analysis
- Liaise with auditors, tax representatives and professionals regarding audit, tax and other relevant matters
- Participate in system implementation, enhancement and monitoring
- Perform other ad hoc duties as assigned
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree holder in Accounting or related disciplines with at least 3-4 years of relevant working experience in sizable company
- Qualified member of HKICPA / ACCA / CPAA or other relevant professional bodies is preferred, student member is also welcome
- Strong Excel skills and prior knowledge in Oracle System is an advantage
- Strong ability of data analysis
- Good command of both spoken and written Chinese & English
- Attention to details, open-minded to adapt changes, a good team player with excellent communications and interpersonal skills, self-motivated and result-oriented
- Able to deal with multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.