Reporter, Hong Kong
About the Team:
We have the following beats on the Hong Kong Desk: politics, community, education, welfare and culture.
Purpose of the Position:
We are looking to hire reporters for the following beats on the Hong Kong Desk: politics, community, education, welfare and culture.
In this role, you will:
- Solid domain knowledge of their beat
- A list of valuable contacts for that particular beat
- Proven ability to produce original and impactful stories
- Proven interviewing and writing skills
- A portfolio of published stories showing breadth and depth
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree holder with at least 3 years of relevant working experience as a journalist
- Good team player and able to work under deadline pressure
- Strong English writing flair, ability to speak Cantonese a definite advantage
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.