About the Team:
SCMP Live team hosts various series of in-person, virtual, and hybrid events in Hong Kong and across Asia. SCMP’s calendar of events complements the news cycle by creating a forum to discuss, explore, debate and unpack major issues and urgent priorities that provide informed viewpoints and perspectives to our global readers.
The team delivers a premium user experience for speakers, sponsors, and delegates, powered by a diverse and stellar line-up thought-leaders, renowned experts, captains of industries and policy makers. Our events convene high-valued participants from more than 60 countries each year including top-level government officials, business leaders, and influential opinion leaders to the stage to have a comprehensive discourse on the pressing geopolitical, diplomatic, business, economic and social issues impacting us today.
Purpose of the position:
To provide support to the event programming team in event content development
In this role, you will:
- Develop understanding of key developments in Hong Kong and Asia geopolitically, economically and socially
- Research and propose topics and speakers for events in Hong Kong and across Asia
- Assist in coordination with speakers and other VIPs during the event and prior to the event
- Prepare and draft speaker invites, website copies, press releases, and other event related materials
- Coordinate with other team members to support the event project logistics, follow up and provide administrative support
- Current student in Business Administration, Marketing, Social Science or related disciplines
- Interested in event business, research or writing
- Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Responsible, proactive, diligent, and a good team player
- Able to build collaborative relationships, demonstrate learning agility, and strives for excellence in execution
- Full-time / part-time Internship, available to work for at least 2 days per week
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.