About the Team:
The Product & Technology department at the South China Morning Post brings together dedicated teams in Product, Project, Engineering, and Design. Our ethos revolves around ownership, meritocracy, and collaboration, with a fundamental emphasis on embracing innovation and collective responsibility. Our mission extends beyond creating products that captivate advertisers and readers; we are also committed to developing innovative solutions for internal business systems, ensuring a comprehensive impact across all facets of our organization.
About the Position:
We are seeking a dynamic and technically astute Project Executive to actively participate in our technology projects. This role encompasses spearheading innovative initiatives, conducting project tasks, providing vital technical assistance to end users, and contributing to the objectives of various business units.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze and translate business unit needs into technical solutions and product specifications.
- Collaboratively engage in project planning, ensuring timelines, budgets, and resources are effectively aligned with cross-functional team goals.
- Coordinate technology initiative execution, encompassing design, implementation, system integration, progress monitoring, and strategy adaptation.
- Initiate and conduct testing plans and scenarios to ensure product alignment with business use cases.
- Facilitate system rollouts, focusing on seamless integration and functionality.
- Provide dedicated technical support to business system users, ensuring smooth newsroom and business operations.
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, ensuring clarity in updates and thoroughness in documentation.
- Proactively manage risks to ensure project success and address relevant concerns.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Communications, or a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in IT consulting, digital transformation, technology delivery and stakeholder management experience is preferred; fresh graduates with relevant technology project background are also welcome.
- Proficient in managing projects with complex workflows and a good understanding of user experience & user interface principles.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail, with proficiency in project management tools like Jira and experience in drafting industry-standard project documentation.
- Strong communication skills for stakeholder management, capable of effectively engaging with teams and providing dedicated technical support to end users.
- Familiarity with Agile methodology, adaptable to flexible and efficient project management approaches.
- Fluency in English; proficiency in Cantonese and Mandarin is beneficial.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.