Chief Editor, Harper's BAZAAR
Purpose of the position:
This incumbent will be leading the Harper’s BAZAAR brand for print, digital and social content development. He or she will be the face of the brand, and will steer the editorial directions, run a team of professional editors and build the next generation audience.
In this role, you will:
- Provide strong leadership in the strategic editorial direction of the brand.
- Ensure timely and high quality output, responsible for content development, audience growth, and overall operations.
- Make editorial decisions, approve of all materials on print and digital platforms, and give guidance to the team.
- Encourage creativity and lead the team to provide new content offerings for on and off platforms.
- Achieve content KPIs.
- Monitor and adhere to the editorial content production budget and schedule.
- Lead and supervise the team, drive for excellence in output and operations.
- Proactively mentor the team, inspire and motivate the team
- Identify talent and oversee the hiring process.
- Work closely and seamlessly with other departments to deliver the objectives of the company
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree in journalism or relevant disciplines.
- At least 15 years of extensive experience in the publishing industry with good standing and network in the field.
- Excellent communication skills with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Well-groomed, stylish and sophisticated
- Proven experience in team leadership and people management
- Creative, insightful and love to learn and try new things
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Self-motivated with a good eye for detail.
- Native Chinese speakers, fluent English is a definite plus
Work location will be at Wong Chuk Hang office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.