Mobile Application Developer
About the Team:
The Product & Technology department is composed of Product Managers, Engineers, Designers and User Researchers. Ownership, meritocracy and collaboration are at our core. We are not afraid to think differently, embrace new ideas and dream big. We empower ownership and share responsibility. We support each other to achieve and grow. Our goal is simple - to create products that delight our customers and readers.
Purpose of the Position:
We are looking for a mobile engineer to join our product team, which will be responsible for building and maintaining a world-class digital news product on mobile platforms. This role will design mobile solution architecture and support feature development on an agile scrum team, delivering key features to a global audience to support SCMP’s initiatives.
In this role, you will:
- Develop and maintain SCMP’s suite of apps for iPhone, iPad and Android
- Participate in technical and design discussions with product owners, team members, designers, system architects and strategic partners to conceptualize, build, test and deliver products and ensure optimal solutions are delivered
- Implement Unit Test to make sure code quality and sustain development
- Deliver across the app lifecycle including development, testing & deployment, app store release, maintenance, documentation as well as ongoing enhancement and support.
- Ongoing performance optimization for apps
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of application development experience; proficient in applications development for iOS and/or Android
- Knowledge in REST/GraphQL API usage, i.e. client libraries
- Proficiency in Swift, Kotlin with more than 3 year of relevant experience
- Experience with design patterns, ReactiveX, Unit Test and App Architectures(MVVM).
- Excellent communication skills in Cantonese or Mandarin. English required.
- Nice to haves
- Contribution to open-source projects
- Experience in running Scrum
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.