About the Team:
The Culture team’s main responsibility is to explain contemporary China through human interest stories.
Purpose of the Position:
- to produce viral content about today’s Chinese society for the international audience, and drive daily online traffic for the section;
- to help the team to be the authoritative and go-to source for human interest stories coming out of China;
- to produce stories that engage readers, with the aim to convert them into SCMP subscribers.
In this role, you will:
- to produce accurate, fair and objective articles that are of high journalistic standards;
- to go through news portals as well as social media platforms every day to look for interesting story ideas that can be turned into viral content;
- to meet daily editorial deadline(s);
- to respond to the team leader’s professional requests promptly and efficiently;
- to execute ideas assigned by the team leader.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- at least three years experience in journalism, preferably in English language media
- excellent news sense
- proficiency in both Chinese and English, spoken and written;
- social media savvy
- good interpersonal skill
- familiarity of Chinese culture, that is preferable (but not essential)
Work location will be at China( preferably Beijing, Guangzhou, Shenzhen)
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.