Production Editor, Sports
About the Team:
The SCMP sports desk covers a wide range of sports across the region, highlighting the achievements of athletes at all levels. Like those we report on, the team is a combination of all-rounders and specialists, with experience built up from working across the world.
Purpose of the Position:
Deliver the best coverage for dedicated desk for a global audience through our print and online editions.
In this role, you will:
- Generating live content for the SCMP sports section on the website
- Story telling and editing, serving both digital and print operations
- Keen ability to get to the heart of a story quickly and clearly, highlighting the stakes for a global audience
- Ensuring all stories have accurate and eye-catching visual elements, content is distributed and consumed on different devices and platforms (mobile, social media, news aggregators)
- Producing multimedia packages and driving social media engagement
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in sports in a real-time online news operation, wire service or a newspaper.
- Awareness of media law and legal dangers, and of social media as a news dissemination tool. Audience-focused with excellent understanding of international markets
- Strong knowledge of a variety of sport and understanding of the terminology used
- Can-do attitude with excellent English skills and zero tolerance for grammatical errors, spelling and improper story structure
- Solid news judgment and the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Chinese-language skills an advantage
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.