Associate Director, Business Development
About the Team:
SCMP Enterprise+ is a division of SCMP Group. It acts as a strategic business partner to corporations by offering them a suite of enterprise solutions that offer intelligence, connections and engagement. The portfolio of products we offer include group subscriptions, licensing, merchandising and business leader community memberships. The team contributes to the success of SCMP’s revenue goals and the delivery of service excellence to readers and subscribers.
Purpose of the Position:
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Associate Director of Enterprise Business Development to lead our industry-based corporate business development team sales team. Reporting to the Director of Enterprise+, you will be responsible for overseeing sales of SCMP’s portfolio of Enterprise products and solutions to a Hong Kong and global client base. Responsibilities include leading and training the team in retaining, upselling and growing corporate clients and relationships, identifying strategic industries and clients to drive high-value deals, ensuring accurate data and on-the-ground sales intel reporting and contributing to product ideation and strategy through evolving client needs, feedback and intel. You will be expected to develop sales and contribute to product and go-to-market strategies to tap into new markets & communities. This role is an exciting opportunity for an all-rounded sales leader to be involved in the entire lifecycle of SCMP’s products and content business and the end-to-end client journey. The successful candidate will be a visionary leader with a proven track record in sales management, business development, and industry expertise.
In this role, you will:
- Business Development Team Leadership: Manage and mentor a small team of sales professionals, setting clear goals and providing guidance to achieve revenue targets.
- Business Development & Sales Strategy: Formulate data-driven and industry-based sales strategies via understanding industry-specific client needs and challenges, along with historical internal client data or opportunities. Evaluate market potential, develop target client lists, and offer customised solutions for respective clients. Expanding global reach through strategic and select reseller/agent models
- Sales and Business Development: Manage daily client activities including sales presentations, sales pipeline, and solutions design. Oversee pricing and contract term negotiations. Optimising share of wallet. Proactive resolution and execution of client projects
- Strategic Client relationships: Build and maintain strategic relationships with key clients, identifying opportunities for upselling and long-term partnerships. Focusing on high-value deals.
- Business Leader Community Memberships and building: Working closely with the Enterprise+ Trade Marketing and Community team to build strong business leader community relationship and engagement
- Internal Stakeholder Collaboration: Working with various internal stakeholders to ensure smooth end-to-end client delivery and execution. Connect and collaborate with internal teams and functions to ensure operational excellence.
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Bachelor’s degree holder or higher
- Minimum 7 years of experience in customer-driven strategic business development and enterprise/corporate sales in international media, professional services or finance industry.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage and motivate a sales team.
- Experience selling business intelligence or corporate products with subscription business models.
- Impeccable interpersonal, written and oral English communication. Articulate sales communication, presentation and pitching skills. strong sales strategies and techniques
- Data aptitude. Able to turn data into a narrative (identifying issues and suggesting solutions)
- Solutions and results driven, solving problems collaboratively
- Proficiency in Salesforce and experience in Google Slides, Docs & Sheets or PowerPoint, Excel, Word
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated record of cross-functional collaboration, internally & externally
- Excellent command of written and spoken English. Cantonese is a plus.
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.