Senior Engineer (CMS)
About the Team:
The Product & Technology department is composed of Product Managers, Engineers, Designers and User Researchers. Ownership, meritocracy and collaboration are at our core. We are not afraid to think differently, embrace new ideas and dream big. We empower ownership and share responsibility. We support each other to achieve and grow. Our goal is simple - to create products that delight our customers and readers.
Purpose of the Position:
We are looking for a senior engineer to join our product team, which will be responsible for building and maintaining a world-class digital news product. This key role will help maintain our website and mobile app features in our CMS using a variety of technologies, such as Drupal, MongoDB, and GraphQL, Redis, etc.. The role will also have lots of opportunities to build features with other modern technologies.
In this role, you will:
- Work within the development team on new and existing Drupal builds, ensuring performance, security, and scalability
- Module development and enhancements: create and customise Drupal modules to, adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Develop and maintain various API services in various programming languages, such as Go, Node.js
- Participate in technical and design discussions with product owners, team members, designers, system architects and strategic partners to conceptualise, build, test and deliver products and ensure optimal solutions are delivered
- Implement Unit Test to make sure code quality and sustain development
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in various technologies
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Degree holder in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline with at least 4 years of development experience
- Expertise in LEMP stack
- Experience in at least one of the following server-side technologies: PHP, Golang, Python, Java, Node.js
- Solid Experience in Symfony framework
- Experience in working with both APIs (RESTful) and messaging (RabbitMQ) architecture
- Distinctive problem solving and analytical skills; flexible, proactive and ability to work under a fast-paced environment
- Team player who is self-motivated, energetic and passionate about exploring new technology
- Excellent communication skills in Cantonese or Mandarin. English required.
- Solid Experience in implementing projects on Drupal 9 / 10
- Solid understanding of caching strategies and technologies
- Experience in containerization technologies (Docker, Kubernetes) and working on cloud environments
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.