Executive / Senior Executive, Legal
About the Team:
The Legal & Corporate Secretarial Department is responsible for managing the legal and the company secretarial functions of the South China Morning Post and its affiliated companies. You will be part of the Team and support the Team’s operation and projects in all respects. The Team has a friendly atmosphere and a great working environment.
Purpose of the Position:
Provide support to the General Counsel and Legal Counsel in handling various matters and projects and in managing documents and records for the Department; and ensure that the Department operates smoothly and efficiently.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct legal research and keep up-to-date with relevant legal industry standards, news and updates
- Coordinate comments from different parties on documents and create drafts of documents, including handling all the comparison and mark-ups
- Translate and proof-read documents
- Prepare corporate filings such as annual returns and board resolutions
- Handle general correspondences, memoranda and corporate documents (including statutory records and board resolutions etc.)
- Maintain organised filing systems for legal and other documents (including trademark portfolios and other corporate records)
- Work with various internal and external parties including but not limited to different departments and various regulatory authorities such as the Companies Registry and other government departments
- Provide a full spectrum of support, including managing corporate records and filings; managing calendars/meeting schedules preparing documents, excel spreadsheets, and powerpoints
- Assist in ad hoc projects as assigned
Skills and Experience that will lead to success:
- Diploma/Degree or above, preferably in the areas of law, corporate, business administration
- Experience of supporting lawyers/executives
- Experience of working as a paralegal is a plus
- Knowledge/experience in company secretarial matters is also a plus
- Work experience in law firms, Corporate Services/Company Secretary preferred
- Proficient in office softwares, e.g. MS Office and G-suites
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good command of English and Chinese
- Willingness to learn and handle a variety of tasks
- Organised and attention to detail
- Friendly, helpful, efficient with good people skills
- A team player able to work in a fast-paced environment
Work location will be at Causeway Bay office.
Our Privacy Notice aims to comply with all relevant data privacy and protection laws. You should read the Privacy Notice in full at corp.scmp.com/privacy-policy.